Friday 24 April 2015

Preparing for your wedding make-up trial at cosmetique.

Hello everyone :D Another blog post here for my beautiful brides to be, but this is great for any bride to be :)

I often get asked "how should I prepare for my make-up trial?", "I feel self conscious leaving the house with no make-up on, can I wear make-up to the trial", "Can I bring a friend" and much more , so I thought i would do a little post to answer all of your questions and help you prepare.

As a bride do I need a make-up Trial?

Yes, I 100% recommend that all brides come for a make-up trial. This will seriously cut down on time and stress on the day of your wedding. Alot of brides have a few ideas in their heads for make-up looks and I really do try and fit in as many looks as I can into the make-up trail.
It may sound trivial but deciding whether you want your eyeliner flicked, if you want to wear false lashes and if to want to wear a dark lipstick requires being able to see it on you and sometimes even a days testing to decide whether or not this is the look you want.
 I also prefer every bride to be to wear their make-up all day so they can see for them self how it feels on their skin and so they can be safe in the knowledge that it will last all day!


Here is one of my gorgeous brides at her make-up trial :)

Do my bridesmaids, mother of the bride and groom etc need a trial? 

It is advisable that everyone has a trial as this really cuts down on timings on the big day. It means all choices are made before the wedding so that when it comes I know exactly how everyones make-up will be applied. 

I have decided just to have a make-up trial myself, can I bring a friend along to watch?

Yes I 100% recommend that you do not come alone to your trial. Its great to have a friend there as a second opinion when trying to decide looks. Your friend knows your personality and the kind of make-up looks you are used to and can often give you truthful and helpful opinions about different make-up looks.
Also there is always a selection of yummy treats and some nice bubbly or wine to drink so its great to bring along some one extra to enjoy the fun!!

How should I prepare for my make-up Trial?

The best advice I can give is really think about the kind of make-up you would like. Alot of people say they want natural make-up, but that means something different to everyone. In order for me or any other make-up artist to provide the best make-up service for you is if you can tell us exactly what you want. And if you aren't 100% sure even a few different ideas that I can  work with is perfect.

Of course we all want to look beautiful and natural on our wedding day but thinking about a few things before your trial will really help, e.g. :

  • Smokey eyes/ black eyeliner (do not get hung up on the old fashioned thought that this is not a bridal look, if its what you love then its perfect for you, we can try different varieties of natural smokey eyes for you to see)
  • Complexion- if you have freckles do you want them covered up? (I hope not as I just LOVEEEE natural freckles), do you want a really natural thin coverage or do you want a heavier coverage?
  • lips - Do you normally wear lipstick? Is it likely that you will be able to reapply this yourself after your meal? (even the best lipsticks in the world wont be perfect after a 3 course meal and some glasses of bubbly) Lighter colours are easier to reapply that a deep plum or red. Would you prefer just a natural gloss or even vaseline? Do you like a matte lip or satin glossy finish
  • Identify any problem skin areas, is there anything you perhaps don't like about your skin that you would like covered? e.g. dark under eye circles, break outs, acne scarring etc

Here is the gorgeous Danielle on her wedding day, as you can see she already has beautiful skin  and wanted to go for a really natural look with a flawless complexion and subtle smokey eyes.


How should I prepare my skin for my make-up trail?

I am going to go over a few skin concerns and give you a few tips to work with before your trail, ensuring your skin is in tip top condition for the trial.

On the day of the trial I always do a cleanse, micro exfoliant, tone and moisturise using Dermalogica skin care, this is great to remove oil and dirt from the skin and remove loose dead skin cells however a little bit of skin prep on your side helps too :)

Although the airbrush make-up is amazing and I will use products designed for your skin type it is much easier to deal with problematic skin than to try and cover it up with make-up.



Dry Skin
If you have really dry skin, or even just a few dry patches of skin I would recommend you start up a little easy skin care routine at home that can help to soften your skin.

  • Cleanse tone and moisture in the morning and at night using skin products designed for dry skin (alternatively use a daily facial wash in the shower then pat dry your face and put on your moisturiser)
  • Use an exfoliator on your skin once a week, sugar scrubs are great for this, however DO NOT over do it, as over exfoliation can actually cause your skin to be even dryer. Once a week is perfect.
  • Use a face mask once a week, this is great right after the exfoliation, do that, put your feet up and chill for 10 minutes
  • Drink LOTS of  water, its sooooo good for your skin
Oily Skin
If your skin gets really oily it can be quite difficult to keep make-up on but don't fear, oily skin ages slower so its not all bad!

  • Cleanse tone and moisture in the morning and at night using skin products designed for oily skin (alternatively use a daily facial wash in the shower then pat dry your face and put on your moisturiser)
  • Use an exfoliator on your skin once a week, products including citrus and tea tree are great for oily skin
  • Use a face mask once a week, look out for mud masks as they are fantastic at removing excess oil
  • Drink LOTS of  water, its sooooo good for your skin
Acne Skin
Now this is something that is very close to my heart because as a teenages I had awful acne. I looked awful, I felt awful and I cant look at a picture without cringing! But you do not have to suffer alone!!

  • 100% the best thing you can do is go to the doctors, there is so so so many different things they can try for you, most products will take a good 6 weeks of daily use to start working but be persistent, and if after a good few months it isn't working go back and ask for something else. And no matter what do not feel silly going  to the doctors for this as it is a serious issue and there are so many treatments out there!
    *Before using any other unprescribed products on your skin (eg scrubs masks etc) check with your doctor that its ok to use these alongside the prescribed treatments
  • Again cleanse tone and moisturise your skin daily, you are looking for products for oily and acne prone skin, look out for face washes that contain salicylic acid as this is great for acne prone skin.
  • Definitely exfoliate once a week, you get some great exfoliating scrubs designed for acne prone skin, this is great to help remove blackheads and blocked pores, be gentle around painful areas
  • Try to avoid touching your skin too much as you are transferring dirt and grease onto your skin which can block up your pores
  • Drink LOTS of water!!!


I don't like leaving the house without any make-up on, can I wear make-up to the trial?

It is advisable to come with a clean face with no make-up on as the time it takes for me to remove a full face of make-up will eat into your trail time. Also this may require extra work on your skin which can slightly redden it.




What kind of products will you use on my skin?

I always start make-up trials by prepping the skin with Dermalogica Skin care. I use the sensitive range that is perfect for every skin type and is sensitive enough that it will not cause redness to your skin.

For make-up I use a full range of professional products including Mac, Illamasqua, Urban Decay, Kryolan, Temptu , Sephora and much more. I am very experienced with all of the products I these are all top quality professional products that I believe in.
If there is a specific product that you would like me to use I would be more than happy to look into these products to see if I can use these as well for you.


Hope this has been helpful :) As always feel free to get in touch any time with questions :)

Jillian

www.cosmetiquescotland.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment