Wednesday 15 April 2015

Mac Cosmetics Comes To Dundee

Hello everyone

Im so excited to write this post, as like so many others I am SOOOO excited to finally have a Mac Cosmetics counter here in Dundee!!

The counter opened on Monday the 13th April and me and one of my best friends Julie went down early in the morning to have a look and pick up a few goodies :D

The first thing I noticed about the counter was how big it is. It isn't really a make-up counter (in the traditional sense of a make-up counter) as there is a lot of room to move around and lots of nice comfy make-up stations for the staff to help you try on products, get your make-up done or even get a make-up tutorial.

Here are a few pictures I snapped on my phone in between being really excited and buying farrr too much.


So after a bit of a look around we had some help from the lovely Carol. She helped us try on a few different shades and advised us on different products that would suit us.
She was so helpful and answered all of my (hundreds of) questions. Im not going to lie, its been a while since I've been using alot of MAC products as there hasn't been a counter close by, and I like to try things before I buy them so I had been using alot of urban decay products (which I still love) of late. However Carol showed me some great new products to add to my kit and helped me fall back in love with my old favourites, the MAC eyeshadow pallets.

Check out some of Carols amazing work here.

The rest of the staff were so helpful, so many people asked if we needed help and also demonstrated some products and generally chatted away. No one was pushy and it was just such a fun and chilled out atmosphere.

They even had some of the much desired and almost impossible to get your hands on Cinderella Limited Edition Make-up!


After looking at all of the products and trying a few things out I knew exactly what I had to buy!!


I bought 
-Warm Neutral Eye shadow Palette 
-Lipsticks in Rebel, Plumful and Flamingo
-Prep and Prime Lip Base
-Cinderella Mystery Princess 
-Pro Longwear Concealer in nw15 and nw20
-Paint Pot in Painterly 
-Studio Fix Foundation in NC15

Im sooooooo happy and so in love with all of these products. You just cant beat a MAC lipstick and I'm really excited to start using MAC eyeshadows on brides again.
I am 100% addicted to the concealers, I wore them yesterday and today and what a difference it makes to my dark circles under my eyes!!!


Couldnt help having a play around with the products I bought, here is a picture :)


Have you been to the MAC counter yet?

What did you think and did you buy anything? Would love to hear back from you !

Jillian XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment