Sunday 13 November 2011

Sassy Saturday


Oh my goodness what a busy day I have had today, but I have loved every minute of it. I just love the fast pace of the make-up industry and I love being on the go. I also love making people look and feel as beautiful as they truly are. I believe make-up should be used to enhance your natural beauty and not cover up who you are!

My first stop today was a make-up trial for a mother of the bride. This wonderful woman knows who she is and is proud of her natural beauty! She rarely wears make-up so I had to ensure she looked as natural as possible, while enhancing all of her best features. It has been a while since I have applied this type of make-up as over the past year I have been more focused on body painting, special effects and fashion make-up, however it was good to go back to where I started. I stuck to natural shades to match her outfit on the day and after playing around with different looks and colours I have a very happy and a very beautiful client.

Next I stopped home to wash, sterilise and dry my make-up brushes to ensure they were clean for my next client. This is highly important as not only can dirty brushes ruin a great make-up, they can pass bacteria and infectious skin disorders between clients! I use baby shampoo to clean my brushes and then an alcohol spray to sterilise them, and yes I’ll admit I even condition them once a month to keep them super soft for all of my models and clients faces.

After that I headed into town to Memento Studio for a double boudoir shoot with photographer Kirsty Legg. Kirsty is an amazing photographer and has the ability to make any model or client feel at ease, even if they are only in their underwear! 

The two clients were friends and were hoping to bring confidence to each other for their individual shoots. They were both slightly nervous for the shoot, however very excited to create a gift for their partner with beautiful images they can keep forever.

The first lady had dark hair with purple through her fringe (bangs) so I set her hair in heated rollers to give volume, then added some loose curls throughout. I applied purple smokey eyes and a natural bronzed look to the skin with a violet lipstick. I was slightly nervous with this look as the client  wasn’t sure of her expectations, however when she looked in the mirror at the finished result she absolutely loved it! 

The second lady had gorgeous pink hair with black underneath. She was inspired by the 1950’s pin-up look therefore I attached hair extensions to lengthen her hair then put it all in heated rollers to give big loose curls. I then styled a victory roll at each side of her face and one in her fringe. For the make-up I went with a classic smokey eyes, red lipstick, porcelain skin with rosy cheeks and a beauty spot. She absolutely adored the look as did I.

I finished with two very happy and very beautiful clients, and I can tell you I cannot wait to see the photographs! 

After that I had to make a mad dash to get to the theatre on time to see my little cousin Caitlin (or to me Princess) perform in a dance show. She was amazing, and yes I did cry when she was on stage. She is 12 now but looks far too much older, and is unbelievable beautiful! I am so proud of her as she was fantastic and was in the front row for each dance she was in. She even had to do a cartwheel landing in the splits for one dance!

Well it’s now very late and I’m very tired so I will post this tomorrow. I hope you have enjoyed my ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment