Wednesday 16 November 2011

Fireworks, Flowers And A TripTo The Theatre

Oh my goodness, yesterday was just as busy as Monday, but completely different! That’s what I love about being a make-up artist, every day is different and every make-up application is different.

I know that some people think make-up artists are vain and uneducated and spend all day plastered in make-up and making girls and women look pretty, but this is so far from the truth! I’m far from undereducated and I do so much more than just make people look pretty. I make people look beautiful, radiant and young. I also make people look disgusting, dead and old! I cover such a wide range of make-up that I never get bored and I never apply the same look twice. I have to say my two favourite aspects of make-up artistry are body painting and theatrical make up, and yesterday I had the opportunity to do both. 

I have been planning a few body paintings for a while now and luckily two amazing models and an amazing photographer have helped me reach my little dream. I won’t bore you with the details of The painting, I just hope the pictures can speak for themselves.




After the shoot I hurried home for a quick bite to eat then headed off to The Gardyne Theatre with Fiona (FJ MUA) to apply make-up to the principle characters for the Thomson-Leng Youth Music Theatre’s production of Little Shop Of Horrors. All I can say is I was blown away. After applying the make-up Fiona and I stayed to watch the first half of the show and it was amazing. The cast put 100% into the performance and it was spectacular. We were both so impressed by the high standard of singing and I can’t wait to work with this theatre group all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment