Thursday 10 November 2011

An Introduction to My Beautiful Life


The beauty that is my life... I know this may sound cliché, but over the past few years I have come to realise that this is true. For the past four Summers I have worked at Camp Huntington Special Needs Camp (or  to me – Neverland, more on this thought soon to come ) in High Falls, New York. Here I have met some of the most amazing and beautiful people in the entire world and I truly believe it has somehow changed me for the better.  I have made the best friends I could ever ask for and met people who I will love forever.

I have also spent the past 5 years in college gaining two Higher National Diplomas, one in Beauty Therapy and one in Make-up Artistry. Although these 5 years have been tedious and difficult at times, I have loved every minute of it. In particular I loved my final year of make-up artistry, as I moved away from home to spend a year at Reid Kerr College. During this year I met Nikki, the most amazing, talented and considerate Make-up lecturer in the world. She taught me everything I know about make-up and body painting and by the end of the year I was attending classes 5 times a week instead of the required 3. Here I also won the award for the best graded unit of the year for my full body painting entitled ‘The Doll That Time Forgot’.



I feel that all of these things have enriched my life and helped me grow into the person I am today. And here I am now, I’ve been home from America for around 6 weeks and I’ve graduated from college. I need to start living my dream and working towards becoming an amazing make-up artist.

Luckily I have managed to meet and secure photo shoots with some amazing photographers. This blog is about all that exists in my beautiful life and all of the amazing photo shoots I am working on.

1 comment: