Saturday 28 March 2015

The Academy of Make-up Scotland Bridal Hair Course

Hello all :)

For a good few years now I have been contemplating learning a bit of bridal hair. Its always something I knew I would get around to but its also something I have always been slightly terrified of... hair ups, complicated looks, getting in to stay in all day!!! Eeek I could never do that!

How wrong was I!!!

I decided to do a course with The Academy Of Make-up Scotland, and convinced my best friend Laura to do it with me. They have an amazing reputation and I follow them on facebook so I always see the amazing work that is being produced.

Our tutor was Karen McDougall Session Stylist and Oh wow is she amazing at what she does!!


Firstly she taught us how to properly section all of the hair, how to tong and set it correctly then off we went creating lots of different hair styles.


She brought along various different hair accessories and I picked a few up from Primark to add to the hair.




Firstly we learned a simple and gorgeous down style that is perfect for brides and guests.



Then we transformed it into a side pony tail.

Next a side messy bun with some beautiful accessories.


After that we played around with creating different braids and textures.



This is my favourite look of the day!





I had such a great day, it was so much fun to be learning again, I really have missed it!!

I honestly cannot believe how many looks we got through in just one day, and when I look at the styles I can hardly believe that I did them myself!!

If anyone is looking into any kind of hair or make-up training I could not recommend these guys highly enough! The training exceeded my expectations and was so much fun. Our tutor was a fountain of knowledge and was more than happy to answer my hundreds of questions.

Thank you so much to Karen and The Academy Of Make-up for allowing me to try out these creative hair styles!! Also thank you to my gorgeous model Nicole, who I would be nowhere without, you sat so still and allowed me to mess around with your hair all day. Finally thank you top my best friend who was on the course with me!! Where would I be without this girl!

Im not quite ready to offer bridal hair yet, but I look forward to practicing hard over the next few months so I can be ready to bring this service to all of my amazing clients!

What do you think of these hair styles? I would love some feedback.

Jillian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment