Monday 13 February 2012

A busy start to the year!


Well what a busy start to the year it has been!!! I’ve been busy with photo shoots with some amazing models and photographers and I am loving it! I’ll give you a quick low down on a few of the amazing photo shoots I have been involved with.

One of the major projects I worked on was a collaboration with photographer Duncan Holmes entitled ‘Galatea’. The concept was a statue, alone in an artists’ studio who comes to life and decides to paint itself human.  This took a lot of planning and sketching as it was shot in reverse. The shoot took all day, and by the end of it I’m sure I was covered in just as much body paint as our gorgeous model A Lo.


Another exciting project I have been working on is a short film with Dundee Film Maker Dylan Drummand. The film is based on the connections between Dundee and India and once finished will be displayed on the BBC website!!! Tomorrow I will be body painting two boys, one to look like and Indian God and the other to look like a Pictish Warrior. I am really looking forward to this project, I have been practicing painting, drawing face charts and making stencils for the past month!

I have also started shooting with an amazing photographer Jenni Bangs  for Utopia Costumes Dundee. Utopia supplies costumes to theatres in and around the Dundee area and we are making our way through their beautiful costumes to be displayed on their website. This is amazing for me as I love theatrical make up! Here are a few Geisha looks from last weeks shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment